We hosted our first annual Rose City Open, a triples event, presented by La Provence July 12-13, 2014, and it was great fun despite the weather challenges. First we played under scorching heat on Saturday then Sunday was the thunder, lightning and brief periods of rain. What a variety! 10 teams participated in this first RCO, a light turn out but a building block for future years. Dinner was great and so were the after dinner festivities. Always fun to play with old and new friends alike.
We held 7 qualifying games over the two days before seeding the top 8 in the concours and the bottom 2 played in the consolante final. All teams won some money with the top team earning $1,200. Thank you La Provence for the sponsorship! Thank you to Corkscrew and Portland U-Brew and Pub as well for their support. Finally a very BIG thank you to all the volunteers that helped throughout the weekend in a variety of ways! Without them this tournament could not be possible.
1st place winner was the team of Pierre B, Darrell and Daniel
2nd place team was Celia, Jan and Jen
1st place winner Ernesto, JP, Lucien (New York)
2nd place Johnny, Pascal and Ziggi
3rd place team Joe C, Van, Shaughn
4th place Team Neil, Dick, Steve
5th place David J, Pierre A, Philippe
6th place Greg, Lee, John H
7th place Jeff, Ron, Francoise
8th place Dan, Silas, John C
Please join us for the Rose City Open, a select triples tournament on July 11-13, 2014 to be played on our beautiful and challenging courts in Portland, Oregon.
Here’s what you can expect.
- A select triples played on our permanent courts – not temporary terrain.
- We’ll have food for sale, or you can bring your own.
- Plenty of water and other libations.
- There will be plenty of tables, chairs and pop-up canopies, but don’t be shy about schlepping your own.
- Prior to the draw on Friday evening, July 11th, there will be social play, reception, and a panache tournament open to all.
- To date we have over $3000 in prize money
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org